Thursday, July 30, 2026

Hit the wall...

He is not ruin, no lighting-struck tree: he is green and vigorous. Plants will grow about his roots, whether he asks them or not, because they take delight in his bountiful shadow; and as they grow they will lean towards him, and wind round him, because his strength offers them so safe a prop.


I'm not sure about all the particulars that led to this moment. Do I believe life is a series of dots to be connected, or that no one can outrun destiny, or that all roads lead to truth and coincidence is a lie to distract us? The reason I was in this place no longer mattered. The harsh reality stared me in the face and demanded an immediate decision. Walk away and blame it on fate. Or stay and try to find a way out of the mess I find myself in. Who am I kidding? A mess I intentionally created.