Wednesday, October 28, 2020

The city is cold and empty...

My greatest sin by far is that I am an over-thinker. What if I said too much, not enough, just the right amount but was not clearly understood? And I have found that thinking about something is like picking up a stone when taking a walk, or skipping rocks on the beach, for example, or looking for a way to shatter the glass window of your current enemy, if you'll allow me to be a bit dramatic. When you think about something, it adds a bit of weight to your stride, and as you think about more and more things you are liable to feel heavier and heavier, until you are so burdened you cannot take any further steps, and can only sit and stare at the gentle movements of the ocean waves, thinking too hard about too many things to do anything else.