Thursday, April 14, 2022

As it was...

Moments never stay, whether or not you ask them, they do not care, no moment cares, and the ones you wish could stretch out like a hammock for you to lie in, well, those moments leave the quickest and take everything good with them, little burglars, those moments, those hours, those days you loved the most.


I'll tell you what I miss. I miss that throbbing heart telling me to take a leap when the sky looks too dark. I miss the walks that I took in the narrow cobblestoned pathways that fumed of history and undying stories of love and loss. I miss the coffee that scented like mist in a frozen dream in a land of strange beauty. I miss that symphony of mad evenings ending in a sky full of stars to fill my soul with an unknown ecstasy. I miss that hand of an old woman trying to tell me her story. I miss that night where I lay back on a distant balcony gazing at the solitary moon for hours knowing that it is shining back home just as bright. And I'll tell you now when I look back I see how wonderful time has treated me and how grateful I am to have lived in moments that roar of a beautiful life lived with a heart throbbing to take a leap once again in that ocean of a beguiling journey.