Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Swim against the tide...

I want to change things on my own terms, to show that there's no right or wrong way to change the world. There's no entry test. I don't need to suck anything up. Pay any dues. Just me and my anger and my voice is enough. If I only have the courage to use it.


It was like he'd climbed Everest, had the summit in his sight, the flag in his hand, all ready to pierce it into the top of the mountain and proclaim victory. And then, out of nowhere, perhaps from the heavens themselves, an avalanche swept him right back to the bottom of the hill again. As he lay underneath tons of snow, he wondered if it was even worth bothering to free himself and climb it again? He was exhausted. So profoundly out of breath. He'd already climbed it. He didn't want to do it again, but what other choice was there?