Sunday, March 15, 2015

It can get hard sometimes...

Life comes at you when you are least prepared. It cradles you, then shakes you until you scream uncle. It is fruitless to try and change circumstances that have already taken hold, yet what I've learned is that while I have no affect on what has already transpired, I can surely impact my reaction to it - if I succumb to my lesser instincts and addictions or if I try to transcend the minuscule and irreparable with grace and that little bit of dignity that I still hold in my grasp. This moment shall pass as all those before have passed, and I will not let my resolve falter. I have failed and I will fail again, but as long as I can look into your eyes, and caress your face as you sleep, I have this sneaking suspicion that I'll be just all right.


We must allow ourselves to think, we must dare to think, even though we might fail, and stumble, and fall. It is in the nature of things that they go about their own way, resulting in our inability to tame them, because we suddenly find it impossible to order our thoughts, for the process of thinking requires us to consider every single thought there is, that might have been, that might one day be. Fundamentally we have always failed, like all the others, whoever they were, even the greatest minds. At some point, they suddenly failed and their system collapsed, as is proved by their writings, which we admire because they venture farthest into failure. To think is to fail, he thought, and a smile drew upon his face, knowing that the best has yet to come.