Thursday, March 26, 2015

We keep this love in a photograph...



I know I said I could handle it, that it wasn't a big deal, and that I am mature enough to accept that sometimes things cannot be as I wish, yet I find myself in an agonizing state of discontent. It's far too simple to say that I miss you, because I feel the problem lies deeper. I think I still have a lot of growing to do, to learn to embrace the love I have been given, and not spoil it by demanding a different incarnation. I know that what we have is real or least I am certain that my emotions are more raw than I ever thought possible, but what if that isn't enough? What if time and circumstance tear us apart? What if I won't be able to withstand the pressure? I'm scared of what I might be capable of doing. The lengths I'd go to preserve an idea that I'm not even sure how was formed. I guess what I'm trying to say, in my dramatic and overzealous way, is that I love you. I really do, and I promise I will try my best to not run away - to stay against all odds, to stay against my every fear.