Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Like waiting for a bus that never shows...

Sometimes I have thoughts that even I don't understand. Thoughts that aren't even true - that aren't really how I feel - but they're running through my head anyway because they're interesting to think about. I guess a thought is harmless unless I believe it. It's not the thoughts themselves, but my attachment to my thoughts, that causes suffering. Though I cannot pretend I am without fear. That one day those thoughts will take hold of me. But still, my predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved; I have been given much and I have given something in return; I have read and traveled and thought and written. Above all, I have never blocked my thoughts. I have been a free-flow thinking being, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and adventure.