Tuesday, April 23, 2024

The tortured poets department...

Still, there are times he is bewildered by each mile he has traveled, each meal he has eaten, each person he has known, each room in which he has slept. As ordinary as it all appears, there are times when it is beyond his imagination.


I've dreamed a lot in this life. Of so many different things. Of different worlds. Of different selves. Of fantastical beasts. Of the unlikely hero I become. Of lovers and friends. Of death and sorrow. Of ascendancy and unending existence. I have dreamt for so long that now I am tired from dreaming but not tired of dreaming. I don't think I'll ever tire of dreaming, because to dream is to forget, and forgetting does not weigh on me. It is a dreamless sleep throughout which I remain awake. And despite it all, through dreams I have achieved everything.