Monday, February 23, 2015

My moon and stars...

You will never leave me and I will never forget a thing. Every kind of love, it seems, is the only one. It doesn't happen twice. And I never expected that you could have a broken heart and love with it too, so much that it doesn't seem broken at all. You have made me wish we'd be something every minute of every hour of our lives. Let us be gay; let us be sad. Let us be cold; let us be warm. Let us be hungry ... have too much to eat. Let us be ragged or well dressed. Let us be sincere - be deceitful. Let us be truthful; let us be liars. Let us be honourable and let us sin. Only let us be something every blessed minute. And when we sleep, let us dream all the time so that not one little piece of living is ever lost.


I like to think that one day after I die, at least one small particle of me - of all the particles that will spread everywhere - will float all the way to a land given shape by my dreams, and be part of a flower or something like that. I like to think that nothing's final, and that everyone gets to be together even when it looks like they don't. That it all works out even when all the evidence seems to say something else. That you and I are always young in the woods, and that I'll see you sometime again, even if it's not with any kind of eyes I know of or understand. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the way things go after all - that all things end happy. Even for you and me.