Friday, March 10, 2017

Just dive in and follow my lead...

It is a curious thing, but perhaps those who are best suited for power are those who have never sought it. Those who, like him, have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well. That somehow, once thought of only as weak and timid, made him push further than others, finding himself on the other side as glorious as they never imagined he could be. Greater than all of them combined.


As I begin what feels like the culmination of my entire life, I wonder how I got here, and if by any chance, this isn't what I'm supposed to be doing. Perhaps time and circumstance has led me somewhere I don't truly belong, and all this is, is some sort of deprived way of finishing every dream I've ever dreamt. If that were the case, I wouldn't be surprised, yet somehow I believe that this story will have a different ending. And if nothing else, this really feels like the end of something big, and the beginning of something else. Who knows what, who knows where, heck I dare not even claim I know the who. Exciting, isn't it? Everything you worked for, laid out before you ... with the potential to be set ablaze or forever buried beneath the ground.