Monday, April 3, 2017

In the name of love...

I have decided that it's high time I told you about the new person in my life. I'm not really sure why I kept him to myself for so long. I guess I was trying not to repeat the mistakes of my last foyer into the clutches of the heart, yet as I've learned, doing something because of past loss, is just as bad as not doing it for the same reason. As long as what has transpired holds any sway on your present decisions, you aren't actually free, and god knows I haven't made it easy for myself - refusing to lose sight of who came before. If nothing else, it is to remind myself that love is possible even in the darkest of times, between the most unlikely pairings. So here it goes; Awhile back I've met someone ...


Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion, it is not the desire to have sex every second minute of the day, it is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every cranny of your body. That is just being "in love", which any fool can do. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an inconceivable piece of art and an unfortunate accident - one that is bound to lead you somewhere - bound to lead you everywhere.