Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Make me a king...



Change is not always a good thing. What I need is not novelty from one thing to another, but transformation from who I am into who I was meant to become. Only when fate's transforming power touches me can I begin to live the simpler, freer, fresher, more creative, more patient, more passionate, more sacrificial, riskier, rawer, more real, more love-driven life the universe intended for me all along. Because even though I have not always chosen the safest path, I really try to learn from my mistakes. I still sometimes jump too soon and fail to appreciate the consequences. But I've learned something important along the way: I've learned to heed the call of my heart. I've learned that the safest path is not always the best path and I've learned that the voice of fear is not always to be trusted.