Thursday, March 17, 2022

The moon is bright against the worrying sky...

Treasures are hidden away in quiet places. They speak in soft tones and often become silenced as we approach. They don’t beg to be found, but embrace us if we do happen to find them. They are the product of completely ordinary circumstances unfolding in wonderfully extraordinary ways. They are found hidden in the nooks and crannies of our existence; all around us if we stop allowing our attention to be captivated by that which is noisy and listen for that which is quiet and still.


Sometimes it feels like I'm going nowhere or that I'm headed in the wrong direction. I'm trying to learn that the direction is very rarely the point. The point is becoming more fully myself in the presence of the universe and being honest about where I am and what I need and then looking around in my own circle for people who are willing to walk with me. I have actually become convinced that the cosmos is less interested in where we end up, and far more in who we are becoming. Whether I am getting promoted or pushed further down the drain, encouraged or discouraged, filled with vision or fumbling in the fog. More than anything, I just want to be content and on my way.