Monday, June 1, 2009

It's just like staring at the sun...

I want a lot of things. I am an extremly demanding person when it comes to things I believe will make my life better, meaningful, great...

But way to often, the thing I want most is the one thing I can't have. It isn't that hard to accept that something didn't happen because I didn't try hard enough, it even isn't that hard if I perhaps gave it my all and deserved getting what I want, but was wronged and for whatever reason denied my hearts desire. What hurts the most, are the things we can't control. Because at that point sheer aspiration is not enough. All you can do is hope. Hope that one day someone up there gives you a break, and makes your wildest dream come true...

Desire leaves us heartbroken; it wears us out. Desire can wreck your life. But as tough as wanting something can be, the people who suffer the most are those who don't know what they want at all...