Friday, February 15, 2013

A love back home unfolds...



And of course, you came crawling into my head today. So much time has passed and so many things have changed, but to this day I ponder, quietly and with restraint, if perhaps our time shall one day come. I'm not even sure how I'd react if I saw you again, because I've moved on in so many ways, to so many greater things, to someone who makes me feel as special and safe as I never thought a single person could. I love deeper and with unabiding conviction, with a truer sense of who I am, and where I want to go. Yet still, even after all this time, I sometimes think of you, where you are, what you're doing and who you're doing it with. I guess they were right when they told me that I'll never forget my first love, even when the love I have now, is better in every single way. I think I can't move on, because you still have a piece of me - one I gave up and you never returned. One you ravaged from my soul and hid away somewhere, somewhere I can't seem to find. Perhaps one day, when our paths shall cross again, I'll get to steal it back. Until then, I will store those feelings far below, and enjoy with all my heart, the love that will never let me go.