Sunday, June 2, 2013

Singing for the people like us...


Just a misfit living in a world on fire.


It seems that even though I've grown more than I ever imagined, there are still so many things I cannot grasp. And as I'm trying to make sense of the world around me, the people in it, and those who left - I see that I am as I've always been. I need not even say it, for the truth is clear enough. But this time I refuse to break down. While letting go of you has changed me for sure, I won't let it define me. I am more than the people who abandoned me. I am more than all of you who left, and I am more than who I am today, and who I'll be tomorrow. It's funny. Even after everything I still believe in my happy ending. Though my version of it is far from ideal, it is mine, and mine alone. I talk about my dreams, and I dream them with so much conviction that sometimes I scare myself. What would I be willing to do? How far would I go? And most importantly, how much would I throw away, to rise above the surface?