Saturday, June 29, 2013

Wake me up when it's all over...



Time is standing still. I have yet to move on, and the future has yet to arrive. I am anxious and impatient. Curious and scared. Barely being able to catch my breath and constantly gasping for air. I guess you never really get used to the feeling of utter disbelief. I truly think I deserved another chance, that we deserved another shot, and I hope you wake up one day and realise it. Does that make me a bad person? Either way, it is time to take a bow and say farewell. Farewell to the moments spent embraced in each other's arms, and farewell to the potential I still believe exists. My plans have been thwarted. The story of my life has taken an unpredictable turn - one I cannot rewrite or change. I wasn't good enough, and now I'm starting to believe that I never will be. There has not been a time when felt a bigger sense of failure than I do at this very moment. But even saying all of this, even as hopeless and numb as I am right now, I will try again tomorrow, and I will not fail like I have before. I will fail better.