Monday, March 12, 2012

I've learned the meaning of the sun...

My deepest fear is not that I am inadequate. My deepest fear is that I am powerful without measure. It is my light, not my darkness that scares me the most. I ask myself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented? But then again, who am I not to be? I tell myself the path I have chosen, is just a test for a future that is yet to unfold. A dream I have yet to conjure. Some shine like a candle, others burn like the sun, and as I feel molting wax dripping down my body, I think I finally understand how growing up and taking a step towards an existence no one believes in but you, sometimes means letting go. Nothing could ever prepare me for how hard it actually is. Your heart breaks and it keeps on breaking. But whatever might happen, whatever obstacle I might stumble upon, I never let them see me cry.