Wednesday, March 21, 2012

This road is long, but I carry on...



As overwhelming as the last month has been, today at long last, I saw rays of light breaching through the darkness. They impaled it without hesitation or restraint and before I even knew it, I could see the sun. Nothing significant happened, I think I just allowed myself to look past the tiny imperfections and examine my life as a whole. Circumstances are starting to unfold and what I once thought was an interwoven set of poor decisions, now seem an insignificant glimpse of the journey I'm travelling. And while the future is still uncertain, I know that if nothing else, I am at least finally becoming the person I was always meant to be.

Once you have tasted flight, you shall forever walk this earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. Once your wings have sprout and felt the breeze of freefall, nothing will ever satisfy their hunger for freedom again. Once you have touched the sky and tasted the sweet flavour of the clouds, you will never settle for anything less. A curse and burden few dare to bear. Yet those of us who do, find solace in the fact that one day, perhaps even one day soon, we shall fly again.