Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Not afraid to close my eyes...

I think my biggest problem is that I've never been one to give up. I've always pushed myself far beyond the call of duty, refusing to admit defeat, even when it's staring me right in the face. But now that I truly know I've done everything I possibly could to redeem the love I've lost, I think I can finally move on. Not with bitterness, anger or regret, but with a smile on my face and unforgettable memories in my mind. I forgive myself for not being perfect and I forgive you for not being as well. Who knows, our destinies may collide again - in another life, another time, another universe. And while the future seems like it's going to be one hell of a ride, I am certain that as long as I have a pen in my hands, I'll be just all right.


He will feel his way through the darkness, and even if he cannot predict where this journey will end, he is quite certain that he's finally on the right path, or if nothing else, at least the proper trail. If it turns out that it leads nowhere, then perhaps it is finally time to say goodbye. Not a final farewell, yet a significant one at that. One sure to be fraught with tears and screams as loud as thunder, yet the boy who remains stuck together and in the same breath, torn apart, now for some strange reason, can't stop being overwhelmed by this grand sensation of hope, of anxiety for the stars to align and guide him home. That's been his saving grace throughout his life - his ability to see the light even when it's pitch dark. He is so sure there's a better world out there, and to this very moment, he believes that one day, perhaps even one day soon, he'll find it.