Monday, August 25, 2014

I'm nowhere to be found...



Sometimes I feel like the journey I walk is just delusion and pain, as if it were completely imaginary. It goes from life to death, and everything in between is conjured by our mind - the people, the cities, the emotions. It's like a novel or a fictitious narrative that anyone can imagine, all you need to do is close your eyes. It is in such a world that I strive to become something of worth. Something you cannot pass on the streets. Something that is not invisible, but shines too brightly to be ignored. That is why I write, that is why I continue to make this my home, even though practically no one is listening. I do so because I have nothing else, because this is the one single thing keeping me from giving up entirely. There is no love great enough. No friendship deep enough. No dream big enough. Everything falls short in comparison to you, to us, to seemingly meaningless words that do not leave the compounds of these walls. Nothing can come close to it, because of the simple fact that this is mine, and mine alone. Something I created, and something I nourish despite life. Despite death. Despite failure. I stay because of me, the true Karr, the one only you can see.