Sunday, August 8, 2010

When a tornado meets a volcano...

The saddest people I've ever met in my life are the ones who don't care deeply about anything at all. Love is like the wind, you can't see it, but you can sure as hell feel it. So I've figured out something. It's not going to be simple. It's going to be really hard. But honestly, nothing that is worthwhile is ever easy...

It's possible to go on, no matter how impossible it seems, and that in time the grief... lessens. It may not go away completely, but after a while it's not so overwhelming. Our story has three parts: a beginning, a middle, and an end. And although this is the way all stories unfold, I still can't believe ours didn't go on forever...

Sometimes you have to be apart from the people you love, yet that doesn't make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them even more. Right before everything went black, the very last thing that entered my mind, was you. Love doesn't change. People do, circumstances do. But love is always patient and kind. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes...

The problem with time, I've learned, whether it's those days I got to spend with you, or the final two months I got to spend with her, eventually time always runs out. I have no idea where you're out there in the world, but I understand that I lost the right to know these things a long time ago. No matter how many years go by, I know one thing to be as true as ever was - I will see you again...