Monday, August 30, 2010

We always knew...

If you care to stay, you and me, could hide away. Do we dare? We'll soon forget that there's any other place, that there are any other people in the world. Just us, in our little corner. Like we've always dreamt, but never had the courage to do. In another time and place it might have been different. But thinking along those lines is pointless now, because we don't care anymore, do we?

The mist starts to form as we stand close to one another. It is a distant fog that rises from the horizon, and I find that I grow fearful as it approaches. It slowly creeps in, enveloping the world around us, fencing us in as if to prevent escape. Like a rowling cloud, it blankets everything, closing, until there is nothing left but the two of us. And when we're finally alone, we wish it could last forever. We both know it won't. Yet still we let ourselves hope even though reality has proven us wrong too many times to count...

It is important to me, that you know who I was, who I am, and who I plan to be. The past is unrecognisable, even for me. The present keeps changing so quicky, I barely have time to live it. And the future is like it always was. A sea of unimaginable circumstances and twists, making sure not a single day in our life is boring. Tonight, we share a sweet embrace for all the moments we can never get back...