Saturday, May 8, 2010

She's so high, high above me...

Ever have the feeling like you're not good enough for someone? You try your best to fit in, to be yourself, but somehow you still find yourself alone, not getting what you wanted. I've always been ok with who I am, well for the most part, but lately I've been asking myself a lot: am I the best version of myself I can possibly be?

I know, I know. Just be who you are! To hell with everyone else! The most important thing is that you stay true to yourself! We've all heard the lectures, we've all given them. Yet I can't shake the feeling that all they do is make us settle for what we have, instead of striving for more. The second we stop running, the second we stop wanting to be better is something all of us should fear. Because if we don't have the incentive to be a better person, then what do we have left? I just wish I wasn't too late. Maybe I've already reached my peak and there's nothing more I can do. But I'm not willing to accept that, not yet...

I deserve better. She taught me that when life gives you crap, you give it back and demand something better. So here it goes. I demand to be given another chance. I demand for my deepest wish to come true. I demand to be treated the way I should be. Careful what you wish for, right? Well screw that, I want it all!